Thursday, July 3, 2014

I am NOT in control!

There....I said it. I am not in control. I'm not sure that you can ever really come to terms with that phrase, but (I think) it is in fact true. We are not in control.

How frustrating is that? I mean, really. Who doesn't want control of their own life? Every aspect...who you will marry, what job you'll hold, where you'll live, how much money you'll make, the weather, who wins the World Cup (sorry USA! good try!) and the one that is absolutely driving me up the wall...how many children you will have.

It's a situation that no one wants to find themselves in. Here is how this has always played out in my head: you get married, spend a few years as a couple getting to know each other and becoming financially stable and then you begin planning for a family. It may take a few months or so but then BAMMM you get pregnant. That is how it works for a lot of people, but I have also found that that is NOT how it works for just as many people...including us.

Hudson and I were fortunate and blessed to be able to have Wilson after several fertility treatments. What a huge blessing he is to our life! Wilson has far more energy than any one else I've ever met (next to his father, that is), he's a ham (like every other Neely), he's an adventurer, loves him some milk and loves, loves, loves his momma!

As much as I would like to have complete control over the timing, I'm beginning (and only just beginning) to understand that growing our family may not happen in my timing and that I have little control.

Our prayer is for peace, perfect timing and lots of fun with our precious boy!



1 comment: